Hello All and Happy New Year!
This Eldorado Real Estate Report will compare 2016 sales data with 2015. We live in a popular spot – and residents continue to relocate to Eldorado from all over the U.S. as well as sometimes beyond.
Eldorado inventory of homes for sale is at an historical low. While the number of buyers is fewer now than other times of the year, winter shoppers are serious.
- 168 properties sold in Eldorado in 2016. In 2015, 147 sold, 21 more homes sold in 2016.
- 16 homes on the market in December. 15 went under contract and 14 closed/sold. Very busy for a December..
- $187 was the average price per square foot in December. This has ranged from $151 to $190 last year. This largely depends on the size, finishes, age, condition etc..so this is not always a definitive measure of property value. Average price per sq. ft. in 2016 was $180, in 2015 it was $178 – so not a dramatic change there.
- 163 were the average days on the market for December. In 2016, the average was 115, for 2015 it was 125 days. This number includes the 14 to 60 day escrow process as well, once a seller has accepted a contract.
- 98% is the percentage of sales price vs. listing price. This refers to the listing price when the offer was made and accepted, not necessarily the original listing price. This has ranged from 97% – 100% for 2016. Essentially the same for 2015.
- 432K was the average listing price in December. The highest for the year.
- 231K was the average sales price in December – oddly the lowest of the year, which means there were a greater number of inexpensive properties sold that month.
- 1.1 months of inventory – which means the length of time it would take to sell all the listed homes in Eldorado at the current rate of sales. Eight months indicates a healthy real estate market.
Questions or concerns? Or would like to discuss the current state of the real estate market in Eldorado, please feel free to call or email me.